See the following box for current Swedish fuel prices. The figures quoted there are based on prices that users have reported from Sweden. This method of gathering data is not always reliable – so be prepared that actual prices can differ slightly:
Please also use the links to the petrol station chains, see below. They will always provide you with correct and up-to-date fuel prices. Prices are in Swedish Krona (SEK). See our Currency Converter.
Swedish fuel types
The following picture shows what a typical Swedish petrol pump looks like. Here you can see the most common fuel types in Sweden:
- E85 – ethanol fuel blend
- 95 Blyfri – normal unleaded petrol
- 98 Blyfri – super unleaded petrol
- Diesel – diesel
Official fuel prices from the Swedish service station chains
If you are looking for official prices from the Swedish service station chains, you can follow these links:
- ingo (used to be Jet)
- Circle K, which was Statoil until May 2016. All in all 490 Swedish service stations have been rebranded since then.
- Tanka – they state prices for customers with and without Swedish Volvo loyalty card
- Shell – Shell does no longer communicate fuel prices on its website
- Gulf – yes, the old brand is back, with approx. 70 service station all over Sweden; Gulf does not communicate fuel prices on its website
- Qstar – does not communicate fuel prices on its website
Some chains have two prices, specifically for “bemannade stationer” (they cost more) and for “automatstationer” (they cost less). The former are service stations with staff and checkout, the latter are unmanned service stations – here you can only buy fuels with your credit card and usually also with your Maestro/EC card (you will need your PIN for that).
Swedish fuel price comparisons
Normally you can get the best fuel prices on the west coast north of Gothenburg – because of the proximity to the major refineries. More detailed price comparisons are available from the Swedish website www.bensinpriser.nu.
Gas/petrol prices in Northern Europe
Diesel prices in Northern Europe
- Road trips in Sweden – Route suggestions
- Rest areas and rest spots in Sweden
- 40 free road ferries in Sweden
Photos: Circle K and Statoil/Terje Borud Statoil Fuel & Retail