Holiday villages, holiday parks, and resort villages are mostly called “stugby” or “fritidsby” in Swedish. Sometimes they are affiliated with a hotel, sometimes with a campsite. Some of these villages/parks are completely independent.
Perfect for families with children
Generally these villages/parks are perfect for families with children. Many sites have playgrounds, minigolf courses, shops, restaurants, canoe rentals and other facilities. Some offer activites such as horse riding, hiking, or treasure hunts.
Holiday parks are also convenient when two families want to go on a holiday together.
Book your hut or cabin in a holiday park here
Huts and cabins in Swedish holiday villages, holiday parks and resort villages can be booked here – we offer two alternatives with different kinds of offers, so be sure to check both:
Alternative 1: Here you can book holiday villages and holiday parks via our partner Booking.com
Alternative 2: Here you can book holiday villages and holiday parks via our partner atraveo (a company of TUI Group)
- Sjöstugans Hotell & Camping, in Älmhult, Småland (booked most often on our sites)
- Smålandsbyn i Vimmerby, in Vimmerby, Småland
- Västervik Resort – Lysingsbadet, in Västervik, Småland (booked often on our sites)
- Apelvikens Camping & Cottages, in Varberg, Halland (Apelviken is surfers paradise)
- Lisebergsbyn, in Gothenburg
- Skotteksgården Cottages, in Ulricehamn, Västergötland (booked often on our sites)
- Lagunen Cottages and Hostel, in Strömstad, Bohuslän
- Gustavsvik Stugby & Camping, in Örebro
- Grinda Stugby & Vandrarhem, on the island of Grinda in Vaxholm, Stockholm archipelago
- Sunne Camping och Sommarland, in Sunne, Värmland (another favourite of our kids)
- Klarälvens Camping, in Stöllet, Värmland
- Leksand Strand Camping och Resort, in Leksand, Dalarna (my personal favourite, see picture on the top of this page)
- Rättviks Camping & Hostel, in Rättvik, Dalarna
Lodge Kosta (formerly Kosta Hotel & Stugby) in the Kingdom of Crystal, Småland
We also recommend the holiday park Isaberg Mountain Resort in Småland that we have tested ourselves with our kids (then aged 12 and 8). Unusual by Swedish standards: This holiday park is open all year round, with downhill skiing in winter.