For a single blogger, it is almost impossible to keep up with the many changes in the Covid-19 situation. Regulations, guidelines and advice change almost daily. I have therefore prepared a list of useful links to Swedish authorities where you can find up-to-date information on visiting Sweden during the pandemic. See further down below.
Life in Sweden
Currently, many businesses are open in Sweden. However, we keep physical distance, and all businesses must take precautions to reduce the risk of spreading Covid-19.
Wearing mouth and nose protection is recommended in stores and on public transport, but is not mandatory. On public transportation, the recommendation is especially true weekdays from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. – and in some regions (such as Stockholm and Gothenburg) irrespective of the time of day.
Currently, there are no specific restrictions for travel within Sweden.
- Public Health Agency of Sweden, “Information about COVID-19”: www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/the-public-health-agency-of-sweden/communicable-disease-control/covid-19/
- Government Offices of Sweden, “Questions and answers about the entry ban to Sweden” – with links to information in several languages, among others Polish, Russian and Spanish. Find the article here: www.government.se/articles/2020/04/faqs–entry-to-the-eu-via-sweden-banned/
- Swedish Police Authority, “Travel to Sweden during the corona pandemic”: https://polisen.se/en/the-swedish-police/the-coronavirus-and-the-swedish-police/travel-to-and-from-sweden/
- Emergency information from Swedish authorities, “Visiting Sweden during the covid-19 pandemic”: www.krisinformation.se/en/hazards-and-risks/disasters-and-incidents/2020/official-information-on-the-new-coronavirus/visiting-sweden-during-the-covid-19-pandemic
- Medical advice on Covid-19: www.1177.se/en/other-languages/other-languages/covid-19/
- Radio Sweden in English on Covid-19 related topics: https://sverigesradio.se/grupp/33798
- All Swedish Embassies worldwide: www.swedenabroad.se/en/embassies/
Hotels in Sweden
Among the accommodations offered, you will also find bed & breakfasts, inns, hostels, holiday villages, campsites, and apartments. In cooperation with Booking.com.
Book now: Hotels in Sweden
Partly based on information provided by VisitSweden DE