A jury of experts voted Halmstad “Sweden’s best golf city” in 2000. Since then, golfing in Halmstad has continued to develop. Now the readers of Swedish Golf magazine have voted Halmstad “Sweden’s best golf city 2016”.
Swedish Golf gave voters the following criteria to consider:
- How many courses are there within a certain distance from the city center?
- How many courses are in relation to the size of the city?
- How does the city’s best course do in comparison with other national courses?
- How is the city’s golf culture?
- How much fun is the city to visit as a green fee guest?
“We have so many golf courses of really high-quality only a few minutes apart. Everything from top-rated Halmstad Golf Club, which regularly organizes major championships, to the innovative Halmstad Golf Arena, where national teams and training groups from near and far come to practice,” says Lina Siljegård, Project Manager at Destination Halmstad.
With extensive knowledge of golf and six 18-hole courses and five 9-hole courses not far from the city centre, Halmstad is host to several major golf championships.
Hotels in Halmstad
Book now: Hotels, hostels, B&Bs in Halmstad
Golf in Sweden (with a selection of golf hotels throughout the country)
Source: Destination Halmstad (our translation); our photo is from the Ringenäs Golfhotell in Halmstad