If you are looking for budget accommodation in Gothenburg, you can choose from our list of 13 recommended (youth) hostels. Booking is convenient and secure. In cooperation with Booking.com.
Have a pleasant stay in Gothenburg!
Hostels in the associaton STF
- STF Göteborg City Vandrarhem – In the pedestrian area. Recently built. Can also be booked with hotel standard, see next link.
- STF Göteborg City Hotel – They also have family rooms and 4-bed rooms.
- STF Hostel Stigbergsliden – Near the Stena Line ferries (to Germany and Denmark). Tram stop in front of the hostel.
- STF Hotel and Hostel 10 – In Sävedalen in the direction of Partille, east of Gothenburg.
Hostels in the association SVIF
- Slottsskogens Vandrarhem/Hostel – See the photo above. Excellently located near the park Slottsskogen. Very friendly atmosphere. Special offers for cyclists.
- Göteborg Hostel – Just 5 miutes walk to the amusement park Liseberg.
- Dalagärde SVIF Hostel – In the north of the city. Two golf courses are within easy reach.
- Kviberg Hostel, SVIF Göteborg – Northeast of Gothenburg, located between the two motorways E45 and E20.
- Masthuggsterassens Vandrarhem, SVIF – Similarly located as the STF Hostel Stigbersliden (see above).
- Lisebergsbyn Kärralund – Among others, they have small huts with shared bathroom.
- Linnéplatsens Hotell & Vandrarhem – Similarly located as the Slottsskogens Hostel (see above).
Our hostel tip: Two hostels in Alingsås east of Gothenburg
If you want to stay in the area of Gothenburg and prefer a lovely location by a lake, we would recommend the wonderful STF Guest House/Hostel Hjälmared in Alingsås.
If you don’t have a car, then we would recommend the STF Hostel Alingsås Villa Plantaget instead. The hostel is just 500 m away from the Alingsås train station from where you can take regular commuter trains into Gothenburg.