Here you can find news from Sweden in a compact format. The news are updated daily and provided by Radio Sweden. We republish them with permisson from Radio Sweden.
- Travellers from Sweden to England will still need to self-isolate: UK government July 3, 2020
People travelling from Sweden to England will still have to go into quarantine for two weeks when they arrive in the country, the British government has announced.
- Serious coronavirus cases in Stockholm steadily declining: infectious diseases officer July 3, 2020
The number of people being treated for the coronavirus in Stockholm’s hospitals continues to decrease, the Region’s medical officer specialising in infectious diseases told Radio Sweden, but it is not …
- Birka Cruises to shut down after 49 years July 3, 2020
Ferry company Birka Cruises is closing down permanently, following a huge hit to its business as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Centre Party: Not interested in a cap on refugees July 3, 2020
The Centre Party’s interim leader Anders W Jonsson says his party isn’t interested in a fixed cap on the number of refugees Sweden receives in the ongoing migration talks between Sweden’s parliamentar …
- Survey: Swedes less worried about second Covid-19 wave than Nordic neighbours July 3, 2020
A new survey from pollster Kantar Sifo shows that, compared to their Nordic neighbours, Swedes are less worried about Covid-19 and a second wave of the pandemic, and they have a more positive outlook …
- Closed borders making life harder for victims of human trafficking July 3, 2020
Victims of human trafficking are being exploited more during the corona pandemic, according to Swedish police.
- Some Swedish firms joining Facebook ad boycott July 2, 2020
Vegan food brand Oatly and rail operator SJ are among the Swedish companies to join a campaign urging Facebook to do more to remove hate speech and misinformation from its platform, pausing their adve …
- Deadliest June for drownings in decades July 2, 2020
June 2020 was a bad month for the number of drownings on Sweden’s coasts and lakes. Sweden’s Life Saving Society says a combination of the heat and crowded beaches are the main reasons behind the dead …
- Some regions asking patients to carry out contact tracing July 2, 2020
Sweden’s regional health authorities have been given the task of once again mapping out how the coronavirus has spread to those who have tested positive for Covid-19, so called “track and trace”.
- Green Party migration policy ultimatum exposes government rift July 2, 2020
It has been a dramatic week in Swedish politics after the Green Party indicated it might quit the government if its coalition partner, the Social Democrats, strikes a migration policy deal without its …
Hotels in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö
Here you can book your hotel room in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö. The accommodations also include affordable options such as hostels and B&Bs, but also all kinds of luxury hotels. In cooperation with Booking.com. – Book now: