Here you can find news from Sweden in a compact format. The news are updated daily and provided by Radio Sweden. We republish them with permisson from Radio Sweden.
- King Carl Gustaf tells Sweden every crisis comes to an end April 5, 2020
In his televised speech to the nation this evening King Carl Gustaf spoke about the current covid 19 pandemic. He thanked health workers for their efforts and looked forward to a time after the crisis …
- Retailers need a rescue plan if the government closes them, says federation. April 5, 2020
- Flights to the UK to end on Thursday April 5, 2020
All commercial flights between Sweden and the UK will be stopped from Thursday afternoon.
- Teachers' Union demands state pay to stay home April 5, 2020
The National Union of Teachers is calling for teachers in risk groups to be able to stay home from work on full pay.
- No more backlog in official death figures says Anders Tegnell April 5, 2020
The Swedish Public Health Agency’s top epidemiologist Anders Tegnell says that the official figures for the number of deaths due to covid-19 are no longer lagging behind the true amount. The figures h …
- The government changes plan to ignore parliament on emergency moves April 4, 2020
After heavy criticism, the government has backed down on plans to give itself the power to take emergency measures without first winning the approval of parliament.
- The government seeks extra emergency powers April 4, 2020
The government has put forward a proposal to give it the power to take emergency measures to combat the corona virus outbreak without seeking parliament’s approval.
- Corona roundup April 4, 2020
The latest figures from the Public Health Agency, plus Stockholm’s public transport appeals to travellers to think twice and Uppsala cannot help the capital city’s healthcare services.
- Three out of ten durables retailers could soon go out of business April 4, 2020
A survey by the Swedish Trade Federation shows that retailers of consumer durables are facing dark days ahead, with many saying they will be out of business within months.
- Stefan Löfven says thousands of lives will be lost April 4, 2020
In a interview with newspaper Dagens Nyheter published today, the Prime Minister said thousands would lose their lives due to the corona virus outbreak.
Hotels in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö
Here you can book your hotel room in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö. The accommodations also include affordable options such as hostels and B&Bs, but also all kinds of luxury hotels. In cooperation with Booking.com. – Book now: