Here you can find news from Sweden in a compact format. The news are updated daily and provided by Radio Sweden. We republish them with permisson from Radio Sweden.
- Stockholm 'underdogs' Hammarby in with a shout of title glory October 18, 2019
After the International break, attention moves back to domestic football this weekend and Sweden’s top division, Allsvenskan, is building to an exciting finish, with four teams all in with a chance of …
- More "security risks" set for deportation October 18, 2019
In the past two years, the Swedish Security Service has stepped up its requests for deportations of foreigners it says threaten national security.
- Debate over whether immigrant children were faking illness October 18, 2019
In the mid 2000s, Sweden had an epidemic of migrant children becoming withdrawn. The controversial topic is now back on the agenda.
- Agnes and Konrad took a chance and moved to Skellefteå from Poland October 17, 2019
Moving to a new country can present a unique set of challenges, but we hear from a Polish couple who say ‘It is not as scary as everyone thinks’.
- Migration Agency halts asylum decisions for northeastern Syria October 17, 2019
Sweden’s Migration Agency temporarily halted all asylum decisions on cases connected to northeastern Syria, as Turkey continues its military offensive there.
- Massive battery factory seen as boost for all Northern Sweden October 17, 2019
A new lithium ion battery plant is making the municipality of Skellefteå feel like they have struck gold, as one of the biggest industrial investments in Europe is set to bring thousands of new jobs. …
- Swedes set to work longer October 16, 2019
Parliament is expected to vote through a reform on Wednesday that will gradually raise Sweden’s retirement age.
- Sweden stops military exports to Turkey October 16, 2019
Sweden halted all military exports to Turkey late Tuesday, withdrawing two permits that allowed defense companies to do business there.
- Defense Minister: Turkish offensive risks reviving Islamic State terrorism October 15, 2019
As fighting entering its seventh day in northern Syria, Sweden’s defense minister says the unraveling could embolden the Islamic State terrorist group.
- Hospital halts planned surgeries as equipment shortage drags on October 15, 2019
Hospitals in five regions across the country are still reporting a lack of basic medical supplies like gloves, hand sanitizer or catheters.
Hotels in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö
Here you can book your hotel room in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö. The accommodations also include affordable options such as hostels and B&Bs, but also all kinds of luxury hotels. In cooperation with Booking.com. – Book now: