Here you can find news from Sweden in a compact format. The news are updated daily and provided by Radio Sweden. We republish them with permisson from Radio Sweden.
- Cancelling "never an option" as Gothenburg Book Fair goes digital September 21, 2020
For the first time in its 35-year history, the Gothenburg Book Fair will take place entirely online.
- Budget proposal promises 900 millon SEK investment in Sweden's suburbs September 21, 2020
Of the more than SEK 100 billion the government promises to pump into the Swedish economy next year, SEK 900 million of that has been set aside for the nation’s so-called “vulnerable areas”.
- Swedish hospital ready to help with second wave in Europe September 21, 2020
An advanced intensive care unit in Sweden is ready to fly in patients from other parts of Europe, with its unique air transport.
- Analyst: Sweden's draft budget historic but also expensive September 21, 2020
The government is describing its draft budget for 2021 as “historic” and “powerful”. One analyst agrees but says it’s also an expensive one.
- "Historic" budget spends billions on work and welfare September 21, 2020
Sweden’s finance minister today presents what she calls a “historic” budget of over SEK 100 billion, with many measures relating to the corona crisis.
- Swedish battery waste illegally exported to Poland September 21, 2020
Swedish Radio can reveal how thousands of tonnes of dangerous battery waste has been illegally exported to countries like Poland and Bulgaria for several years.
- Danderyd hospital antibody study looks at Covid-19 immunity September 18, 2020
A new Swedish study on coronavirus immunity suggests that Covid-19 antibodies last for at least four months and that immunity to the virus can last even longer.
- Opposition aims to force reform of disabled support system September 18, 2020
Parties of the right and the left have joined forces to demand that the central state takes over all responsibility for running assistance support services for disabled people – and they think they ar …
- EU to propose asylum camps in border countries September 18, 2020
The European Commission wants a new migration system for the EU, and Swedish Radio News understands that one of the proposals will be building asylum centres at the edges of the EU so people can be ac …
- More young people suspected of drug and violent crimes September 18, 2020
The number of young suspects involved with drug and violent crimes is going up, according to new figures from the police. Last year, there were nearly 27,000 suspected crimes like that in Sweden where …
Hotels in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö
Here you can book your hotel room in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö. The accommodations also include affordable options such as hostels and B&Bs, but also all kinds of luxury hotels. In cooperation with Booking.com. – Book now: