Here you can find news from Sweden in a compact format. The news are updated daily and provided by Radio Sweden. We republish them with permisson from Radio Sweden.
- Court acquits Telia bosses in Uzbek bribery case February 15, 2019
A Stockholm court acquitted three former bosses from the telecoms giant Telia on Friday for corruption charges stemming from deals made in Uzbekistan.
- Herpes virus prompts lockdown for riding horses February 15, 2019
A number of horses at three stables in Stockholm and Uppsala counties have contracted a strain of the herpes virus.
- Children married off without local authorities' knowledge February 15, 2019
In Sweden the local municipalities are in charge of caring for children who face so-called honour crimes or forced marriages.
- Analyst: domestic politics behind renewed border checks February 15, 2019
The arguments used by Sweden for keeping its continued internal border checks are weak, says Mark Rhinard, a senior research fellow at the Swedish institute for international affairs.
- Critics cast doubt over Sweden's need for continued border checks February 15, 2019
The government once again extended temporary border controls, citing the need to keep public order and maintain internal security. But critics say their arguments are debatable.
- Malmö FF narrowly lose against Chelsea in Europa League February 15, 2019
Malmö FF lost the first leg of their last 32 round Europa League match against Chelsea Thursday night.
- Brexit uncertainty tough for Brits in Sweden February 15, 2019
British citizen Mally Mclane issues a call for more clarity from the Swedish government over what will happen to him and 28,000 other Brits in Sweden if there is a no-deal Brexit.
- Big increase in Polish builders as foreign labour grows in Sweden February 14, 2019
The number of foreign workers who come to Sweden on temporary work contracts has increased greatly, mainly due to the building boom.
- Foreign Ministry investigates ambassador in China after meeting about Gui Minhai February 14, 2019
The Swedish Foreign Ministry recalled its ambassador in China for an internal investigation after she arranged an unauthorized meeting between two Chinese businessmen and Angela Gui about getting her …
- Pension agency's orange envelopes could be scrapped February 14, 2019
The classic orange envelope send out annually by the Swedish Pensions Agency may be a thing of the past.
Hotels in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö
Here you can book your hotel room in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö. The accommodations also include affordable options such as hostels and B&Bs, but also all kinds of luxury hotels. In cooperation with Booking.com. – Book now: