During Saturday’s World Ski Awards gala in Kitzbühel, Åre in Jämtland was chosen as Sweden’s Best Ski Resort for the third time in a row. Not only did Åre win the prize for Sweden’s best ski resort but several hotels in Åre won their respective classes, too.
Launched in 2013, World Ski Awards aims to drive up standards within the ski tourism industry by rewarding the organisations that are leaders in their field. Votes are cast by professionals working within the ski industry – senior executives, travel buyers, tour operators, agents and media – and by the public (ski tourism consumers).
“It is always nice to get awards and especially if it’s for the third year in a row. We are constantly working to develop and improve our guests’ ski experiences. The goal is to always exceed expectations, and it is important for us to get a confirmation that we are delivering a high standard,” says Niclas Sjögren Berg, Destination Manager, SkiStar Åre.
More awards at the World Ski Awards 2015
- Sweden’s Best Ski Hotel (third year in a row): Copperhill Mountain Lodge, Åre
- Sweden’s Best Ski Chalet: The Villa, Copperhill Private Lodge, Åre. This is Petter A. Stordalen’s private ski lodge for 16 people – Stordalen is the owner of the Copperhill Mountain Lodge hotel.
- Sweden’s Best Ski Boutique Hotel: Hotel Granen, Åre
Hotels in Åre
Book now: Hotels, hostels, B&Bs in Åre
View from Copperhill Mountain Lodge in Åre – a great place to visit in both summer and winter (photo: Gösta Fries, CML)
The spectacular lobby of the Copperhill Mountain Lodge (photo: Nic Lehoux, CML)
- New easyJet direct flight from London Gatwick to Åre Östersund
- Here are Sweden’s best alpine ski resorts
Source: SkiStar AB, World Travel Events Ltd.; featured image: SkiStar/Karl Hägglund