- Sweden to battle Italy for a place in quarter finals July 25, 2017
On Tuesday night, Sweden will face off against Italy, the lowest scoring team in its Euro 2017 group, to decide on who they will meet in Saturday’s quarter finals.
- Kalle Lind: Every Swedish comic has stolen material from US and UK July 25, 2017
From the 1950s Swedish vaudeville star Povel Ramel onwards, comics in Sweden have looted the Anglo-Saxon world for ideas and sometimes even entire routines, says funny man Kalle Lind.
- Summer cabin murders: 42-year-old woman not mentally disturbed July 25, 2017
Following a court-ordered psychiatric evaluation, the National Board of Legal Affairs has found neither the 42-year-old nor her ex-boyfriend were suffering from a serious mental disorder when they com …
- Swedish swimmer shatters three records July 25, 2017
Swedish swimming superstar Sarah Sjöström set three new records on Monday when she took gold in the 100m butterfly at the FINA World Championships.
- Interior Minister: I couldn't have told the PM over a fika break July 25, 2017
On Tuesday, Sweden’s defence and interior ministers faced down accusations that they should have informed Prime Minister Stefan Löfven of the IT scandal at the Transport Agency. Both sought to shift r …
- PM Löfven kept data breach under wraps July 24, 2017
Micael Bydén, the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, said the Transport Agency breach did not have any impact on the operative capabilities of the armed forces. Meanwhile, opposition leaders pin b …
- Doctor calls for free vaccinations against tick disease July 24, 2017
Caused by eight-legged parasites lurking in long grass and moist vegetation, tick bites are a common Swedish scourge and can result in tick-borne encephalitis (TBE), a neurological disorder.
- Prime Minister: Transport Agency data breach is a "train wreck" July 24, 2017
The Transport Agency data breach scandal continues. More details have emerged concerning what kind of classified data was released. Opposition parties have condemned the government and Prime Minister …
- Allsång: When Swedes let their hair down July 24, 2017
If you think Swedes are always quiet and reserved, you should join the 20,000 people belting their lungs out for the summer sing-a-long called Allsång på Skansen.
- Many children not wearing seatbelts in fatal bus crash July 24, 2017
Only 36 of the 59 people onboard the bus that crashed in Härjedalen this April were wearing seatbelts.
Source: The news are republished with permisson from Radio Sweden.
Hotels in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö
Here you can book your hotel room in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö. The accommodations also include affordable options such as hostels and B&Bs, but also luxury hotels. In cooperation with Booking.com.