Here you can find news from Sweden in a compact format. The news are updated daily and provided by Radio Sweden. We republish them with permisson from Radio Sweden.
- Stockholm welcomes the 2018 Nobel laureates December 7, 2018
Monday, December 10, is a day when pomp and pageantry, and a little glitz and glamour, come to Stockholm with the awarding of the Nobel Prizes in the Sciences, followed by a lavish royal banquet. But …
- Swedes take to the skies more than the international average December 7, 2018
Swedes fly more than the global average, according to a new report from the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency.
- Plague DNA found in 5000-year-old grave December 7, 2018
Researchers in southern Sweden have discovered what might be the oldest ever DNA traces of the plague in a grave close to Falköping, Swedish Radio P4 Skaraborg reports.
- App wrestles with city over the right to remove junk December 7, 2018
A smart phone app that has helped over 100,000 Stockholmers get rid of heavy household junk and recyclables by matching them up with individuals willing to retrieve them for payment, is breaking waste …
- 700 more deaths than usual after summer heatwave December 6, 2018
The record temperatures this summer led to an estimated 700 more deaths, suggests new figures from the Public Health Agency.
- UN-led talks on Yemen underway in Rimbo December 6, 2018
A small town north of Stockholm is the site of UN-led consultations on Thursday between the two warring factions in Yemen’s civil war.
- Strained relations between Sweden and Hungary December 6, 2018
Hungary has been accusing the Swedish ambassador of meddling in internal affairs, and the ambassador himself, Niclas Trouvé, is saying he has been targeted by a hate campaign in government-friendly me …
- Brit and Belgian held for trespassing onto military base December 6, 2018
Two men, with British and Belgian citizenship, are held in custody and suspected of illegal entry to Stockholm’s vital naval base on the archipelago island of Muskö.
- Meat-eating declines for second year in a row December 5, 2018
During the first nine months of the year the total amount of red meat and poultry consumed per person has shrunk by over a kilo. And when people do eat meat, they’re choosing animals raised in Sweden …
- Yemen rebels have arrived in Sweden for talks December 5, 2018
Representatives for the two Yemeni sides of the country’s war seem set to meet in Sweden this week.
Hotels in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö
Here you can book your hotel room in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö. The accommodations also include affordable options such as hostels and B&Bs, but also all kinds of luxury hotels. In cooperation with Booking.com. – Book now: